Navigate Up
Sign In
Last Updated: 7/16/2018

Frequently Asked Questions

Contact Us

Individual Income Tax

8:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. Mon.- Fri.


Related Information

Individual Income Tax > Tax Information > Political Contribution Refund

  • Who can claim the Political Contribution Refund?Back to top

    ​You must be, or be eligible to be, a registered voter in Minnesota. Also, all of the following must be true:

    • You are a United States citizen.
    • You are age 18 or older
    • You lived in Minnesota for at least 20 days immediately before any statewide or local election in which you would be eligible to vote if you were registered.

  • How do I know if my contribution to a candidate qualifies?Back to top

    ​The candidate must have signed a public subsidy agreement with the Minnesota Campaign Finance Board. You may contact the candidate to learn if your contribution qualifies.

  • Can we file for a joint refund if only my spouse made a contribution?Back to top

    ​Yes. You may file a joint refund even if only one of you made a contribution and received an EP-3 receipt. If both you and your spouse made contributions, you may file either a joint application or separate applications; you cannot file both.