Navigate Up
Sign In
Last Updated: 7/16/2018

Frequently Asked Questions

Contact Us

Individual Income Tax

8:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. Mon.- Fri.


Related Information

Individual Income Tax > Tax Information > Credits: Qualifying expenses for the education credit and subtraction

  • Can I claim transportation expenses for gas and repairs on our car for the K-12 credit and subtraction if I drive my child to and from school?Back to top

    No. Transportation expenses for a personal vehicle used to drive your child to school don’t qualify for the K-12 Education Credit and Subtraction.

  • Where can I find more information on who is a qualifying child for the federal earned income credit?Back to top

    See Qualifying Child Rules on the IRS’s website for more information.

  • My child attended a summer language camp last summer. How much of the cost can be claimed for the credit?Back to top

    Only certain parts of the cost are eligible. The camp operator should provide you with a breakdown of costs into the parts that qualify for the credit (such as instructions) and the parts that don’t qualify (such as transportation, food and lodging).