Navigate Up
Sign In
Last Updated: 7/16/2018

Frequently Asked Questions

Contact Us

Individual Income Tax

8:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. Mon.- Fri.


Related Information

Individual Income Tax > Tax Information > Credits: Education credit and subtraction

  • Can I get the K-12 Education Subtraction and Credit for a computer that is used partly for business and partly for education?Back to top

    No. The computer must be used only for educational purposes to qualify.

  • If I’m a Minnesota resident, but stationed outside the state on active military duty, can I claim the K-12 Education Subtraction and Credit for my child’s expenses?Back to top

    Yes. You may qualify for the K-12 credit if you have education expenses for a “qualified child” no matter which state your child’s school is in. However, to qualify for the K-12 subtraction, the school must be located in Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota, or Wisconsin.