Navigate Up
Sign In
Last Updated: 7/16/2018

Frequently Asked Questions

Contact Us

Individual Income Tax

8:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. Mon.- Fri.


Related Information

Individual Income Tax > File and Pay

  • Where do I mail my income tax return?Back to top

    Send your return and all required enclosures to:

    Minnesota Individual Income Tax
    St. Paul, MN 55145-0010

    No street address is needed.

  • How can I check on my income tax refund?Back to top

    You can check your refund online or by telephone:
    • To check online, see “Where’s My Refund?”
    • To check by phone, call the automated tax service line at 651-296-4444 or 1-800-657-3676.​

  • Can I pay my taxes with a credit or debit card?Back to top

    Yes. To learn how, see Credit or Debit Card.

  • I can’t pay all my taxes by the due date. What should I do?Back to top

    File your return and pay as much as you can by the due date to reduce the late-payment penalty. The department will send you a bill, and then you can request a payment plan for the remaining balance. For details, see Balance Due.​

  • How do I file for an extension on my state income tax return?Back to top

    You don’t have to file any form to get an extension. If you can’t file your return by the due date (April 15 for most people), you have until Oct. 15 before we’ll charge you a late-filing penalty. However, your personal income tax payment is always due by April 15. For details, Extensions.​