Navigate Up
Sign In
Last Updated: 7/16/2018

Frequently Asked Questions

Contact Us

Property Tax Refund

8:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. Mon.- Fri.


Related Information

Property Tax Refund > File and Pay

  • Where do I mail my Homestead Credit Refund (for Homeowners) or Renter's Property Tax Refund return?Back to top

    Mail your completed Homestead Credit Refund (for Homeowners) or Renter's Property Tax Refund return along with any required documentation to:  

    Minnesota Property Tax Refund
    St. Paul, MN 55145-0020.​

  • When are the Property Tax Statements mailed out to homeowners? If I do not get one, where can I get a copy of one?Back to top

    Your county treasurer can provide a copy of your property tax statement and answer any questions you may have about the statement.  The county treasurer mails these statements to property owners by March 31 each year. Tax payments are due to your county on May 15 and October 15, for most properties.  For contact information, check your local phone book or see County Websites on​​

  • If I miss the August 15 due date for filing for the Homestead Credit Refund (for Homeowners) and Renter's Property Tax Refund, what can I do?Back to top

    You can still file for the refund. You have one year from the due date to file and claim the refund. However, if you file the return more than one year after the due date, you will not receive a refund.​

  • I am not required to file a federal or state income tax return. What do I put on line 1?Back to top

    You will need to obtain a federal income tax return and instructions to figure out what your federal adjusted gross income would have been.​

    It is not necessary to file income tax returns to claim the Homestead Credit Refund (for Homeowners) or Renter's Property Tax Refund.