Navigate Up
Sign In
Last Updated: 7/16/2018

Frequently Asked Questions

Contact Us

Minnesota Department of Revenue

8:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. Mon.- Fri.


Related Information

Home Content

  • Where is the Minnesota Department of Revenue located?Back to top

    The Stassen Building is in the Capitol Complex in St. Paul.
    Our street address is: 600 North Robert Street

    Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.

    Click here for a map to the Stassen building and driving directions.​

  • Where is my refund?Back to top

    You may lookup your refund online through "Where's My Refund"​ or call 651-296-4444 or 800-657-3676 (toll-free).

  • I need to register and pay unemployment taxes. How can I do that?Back to top

    The Minnesota unemployment insurance tax is administered by the Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development and not the Department of Revenue.

    To log in or to find information on how to register for a Minnesota unemployment insurance employer account, go to the website at

  • Where can I find a list of unclaimed property held by the state?Back to top

    The Department of Commerce is the agency that handles unclaimed property for the state of Minnesota.

    To find the list of unclaimed property, go to Commerce's website at

    You can also find it by going to Commerce's home page at and clicking on "Consumer Favorites" icon from the top menu bar and then “Unclaimed Property.”

  • I want to itemize my car’s license plate tabs on my federal return. Where can I find how much I paid for the car tabs?Back to top

    The Minnesota Department of Public Safety administers the motor vehicle renewal tabs and registration, and not the Department of Revenue.

    You can find your registration tax information by going to the Department of Public Safety website at and clicking on "Tax Info." To correctly determine the amount to include on your federal return, you must subtract $35 from your vehicle’s registration tax.