Navigate Up
Sign In
Last Updated: 7/16/2018

Frequently Asked Questions

Contact Us

Untaxed Gambling Product

8:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. Mon.- Fri.


Related Information

Untaxed Gambling Product > Tax Information

  • What records do I need to keep?Back to top

    Every licensed organization is required to maintain complete, accurate and legible records supporting all gambling activities. Records include, but are not limited to:

    • winning and unsold tickets for pull-tab, tipboard, paddlewheel and raffle games and game flares
    • reports and statements, including checker's records for each bingo occasion
    • cash journals, ledgers, deposit slips, register tapes and bank statements supporting gambling activity receipts
    • invoices that represent purchases of gambling products
    • canceled checks or substitute checks and other documents supporting gambling activity expenditures
    • organization minutes

  • How long do I need to keep records?Back to top

    You must keep gambling-related records for at least 3.5 years. We may inspect your records at any reasonable time without notice or a search warrant.

    The retention period for played games starts on the due date of the return on which the game is first reported. It does not start on the invoice purchase date or the date the game is removed from play. 

    For example, if you report a game as played on your January 2017 return (due February 20), the retention period begins Feb. 20, 2017, and ends on Aug. 20, 2020.
    Keep a copy of all tax returns, schedules and worksheets for your records, including all amended returns.