Navigate Up
Sign In
Last Updated: 7/16/2018

Frequently Asked Questions

Contact Us



Related Information

Businesses > Business Registration

  • How do I update my contact information?Back to top

    The profile panel in e-Services contains information about your web login, including the email that you use. There are several links to edit actions in the "I want to" column. These include Update Profile, Cancel My Online Access, and Change Password.​

  • What if I need to close my tax account?Back to top

    If you have closed your business, you will need to close your tax accounts. 

    To close the account:

    1.Login to e-Services
    2.Access your tax account
    3.From the Registration menu, click “Close Account”
    4.Enter the end date
    5.Click “Submit” in the navigation bar on the left
    6.Click “Ok”
    7.The tax account should be closed within a few minutes.  To view the status of your request, click “Requests” in the dark blue bar
    8.When the account has been closed, it will appear on the taxpayer home page with an indication that it is inactive
    Finish out any necessary requirements needed to finalize closing your tax accounts. ​

  • How do I reset my password?Back to top

    On the main e-Services login screen, you can reset your password if you have forgotten it.

    1.Click "Forgot your Password? Locked Out?"
    2.Type your unique user name in the field and click "Next"
    3.Fill out the answer to your security question
    4.Type in the new password and confirm it
    5.Click "Reset" and a new authorization code will be sent to the email address on file
    6.Click "OK"​

  • I need to register and pay unemployment taxes. How can I do that?Back to top

    The Minnesota unemployment insurance tax is administered by the Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development and not the Department of Revenue.

    To log in or to find information on how to register for a Minnesota unemployment insurance employer account, go to the website at