Navigate Up
Sign In
Last Updated: 1/18/2018

Political Contribution Refund

Minnesota voters who donated to candidates for state office or to a state political party may be eligible to receive a refund of all or a portion of contributions made July 1-December 31, 2017.

How much is the refund?

The refund is the amount of your contributions up to $50 for an individual and $100 for a married couple (if you file a joint Political Contribution Refund application). 

When is this refund available?

The Political Contribution Refund is available for contributions made on or after July 1, 2017.

Who is eligible for this refund?

Minnesota voters and eligible voters who donate to candidates for state office or to a state political party. For more information, see the Political Contribution Refund webpage or the instructions for Form PCR, Political Contribution Refund.

How do I claim this refund?

Complete Form PCR. You must include the original Form EP-3, Minnesota Political Contribution Receipt, with your form. Form PCR does not need to be filed with your Minnesota Income tax return. You may apply for your refund at any time before April 16, 2018.