Sign In
Last Updated: 7/9/2018


Contact Us

Individual Income Tax

8:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. Mon.- Fri.


Top FAQs

Related Information

About This Page

You can file an administrative appeal with the Minnesota Department of Revenue or appeal directly to the Minnesota Tax Court. In either case, you must appeal within 60 days of the Notice Date on the tax order (found on the first page). For more information about appealing to us, see Appealing an Audit.

An administrative appeal is an independent review of your case. A department appeals officer reviews the information used in the audit. Once the appeals officer reaches a decision, they issue a Notice of Determination to inform you of the results.  

If you filed an administrative appeal and you disagree with our determination, you may appeal to the Minnesota Tax Court.  

Appealing to Tax Court

For information about filing an appeal in tax court, go to the Minnesota Tax Court website or contact them directly:

Mail: Minnesota Tax Court
         Minnesota Judicial Center, Suite 245
         25 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
         St. Paul, MN 55155

Phone: 651-539-3260

Fax: 651-297-8737



Previous: Final Outcome