Sign In
Last Updated: 1/9/2015

Amending Your Return

Contact Us

Firefighter Relief Surcharge

8:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. Mon.- Fri.


Top FAQs

Related Information

About This Page

If you made a mistake on your original return, you can amend it to correct the error. To do so:

  1. Complete a new return for the affected period. You must include both original and corrected premiums on the form (not just the new information).
  2. Check the “Amended Return” box at the top of the form.
  3. Include a cover letter that explains what was changed from your original filing and why you changed it.
You must file your amended return within 3 1/2 years from the due date of the original return. All amended returns are subject to audit.

Make sure to keep all supporting documentation from your original and/or amended return. That documentation must be available upon the department's request.