Navigate Up
Sign In
Last Updated: 7/16/2018

Frequently Asked Questions

Contact Us

Property Tax Administrators

General 651-556-6091
Direct lines are listed at the bottom of each page when applicable
8:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. Mon.- Fri.


Related Information

Property Tax Administrators > Manuals and Education

  • Who has to take the PACE Course?Back to top

    State law requires any person licensed as an Accredited Minnesota Assessor (AMA) or a Senior Accredited Minnesota Assessor (SAMA) to successfully complete the PACE course once every four years.​

  • How often is the Auditor/Treasurer manual updated?Back to top

    The manual is reviewed yearly after each legislative session and updated as needed.

  • How frequently is the Auditor/Treasurer course offered?Back to top

    The course is typically offered in odd-numbered years. The number of sessions is based on demand.​

  • What is the Board of Assessors?Back to top

    The Board is composed of nine members appointed by the Commissioner of Revenue. The purpose of the Board is to educate, license, and regulate the professional conduct of assessors in order to provide the taxpayers of Minnesota with a fair and equitable valuation of their property. The Board publishes rules that govern the licensing requirements for assessors.

  • How do I get an assessor's license?Back to top

    You must obtain the education and experience required by the Board and pay the annual license fee.

    Prices vary for the required educational courses, but registration fees for 28 hour courses typically cost $375 to $475.​