Navigate Up
Sign In
Last Updated: 7/16/2018

Frequently Asked Questions

Contact Us

Individual Income Tax

8:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. Mon.- Fri.


Related Information

Individual Income Tax > Tax Information > Military: Pensions

  • How do I stop Minnesota taxes from being withheld from my qualifying pay?Back to top

    ​You will need to complete section 2 of Form W-4MN, Minnesota Employee Withholding Allowance/Exemption Certificate.  You will need to provide this completed form to the payer by February 15 of every year for which you claim exempt.

  • Can I subtract my military survivor benefit plan payments?Back to top

    ​Yes.  Your survivor benefit plan payments qualify for the military pension income tax subtraction.