Navigate Up
Sign In
Last Updated: 7/16/2018

Frequently Asked Questions

Contact Us

Individual Income Tax

8:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. Mon.- Fri.


Related Information

Individual Income Tax > Tax Information > Military: Filing extensions

  • I’m serving in a combat zone and won’t be able to file my taxes by April 15. How do I request an extension to file and pay my Minnesota taxes?Back to top

    You don’t have to file a separate form to request an extension. You can file and pay your state tax up to six months (180 days) after your last day serving in a combat zone with no penalty. Your spouse also gets an extension if you file a joint return.

    When you file your Minnesota return (Form M1, Individual Income Tax), enclose a separate sheet that clearly states you were "serving in a combat zone."