Navigate Up
Sign In
Last Updated: 7/16/2018

Frequently Asked Questions

Contact Us

Individual Income Tax

8:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. Mon.- Fri.


Related Information

Individual Income Tax > Tax Information > Military Credit: Claiming the Credit for Someone Who Has Died

  • If my spouse died in a combat zone, can I claim the Credit for Military Service in a Combat Zone?Back to top

    It depends. If the person eligible for this credit dies, their refund may be claimed by a surviving spouse or personal representative. If there isn’t one, the following relatives of the decedent may claim the credit (in the order listed): children, grandchildren, parents, brothers and sisters, or nieces and nephews.​