Navigate Up
Sign In
Last Updated: 7/16/2018

Frequently Asked Questions

Contact Us

Individual Income Tax

8:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. Mon.- Fri.


Related Information

Individual Income Tax > Tax Information > Life-changing event: Repayment previously included in income

  • I had to pay back some unemployment compensation that I received in a previous year. Do I have to amend my Minnesota tax return for that year?Back to top

    No, you don’t need to amend the previously filed return. Depending on the amount of the repayment, you can take an itemized deduction on your current-year federal return or claim a credit for the amount of tax paid on the overpayment.