Navigate Up
Sign In
Last Updated: 7/16/2018

Frequently Asked Questions

Contact Us

Withholding Tax

8:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. Mon.- Fri.


Related Information

Withholding Tax > Tax Information > Pensions and Annuities

  • Can a business have a dedicated withholding tax ID to pay out the pensions and annuities?Back to top

    Yes, a business can have a dedicated withholding tax ID to report withholding tax that is taken out of pensions and annuities.​

  • Do I send a copy of federal Form W-4P to the Minnesota Department of Revenue?Back to top

    No, you do not need to send a copy of Form W-4P to the department.​

  • What form would the recipient receive at the end of the year for pension payments?Back to top

    Recipients of pension or annuity payments would receive a Form 1099R.​

  • If an employer will not withhold, who should the recipient call about sending in an estimated payment?Back to top

    The recipient should call our Individual Income Tax Division at 651-296-3781 or 1-800-652-9094 or send an email to​