Navigate Up
Sign In
Last Updated: 7/16/2018

Frequently Asked Questions

Contact Us

Withholding Tax

8:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. Mon.- Fri.


Related Information

Withholding Tax > File and Pay > Amended returns

  • When would I need to amended a return?Back to top

    If you entered incorrect information on your original withholding tax return. ​

  • Can I amend a return more than once?Back to top

    Yes. You can amend a return for the same period multiple times.​

  • Do I have to amend the payroll schedule when I file an amended return?Back to top

    No. You can not change a payroll schedule when amending a return. If you need to update a payroll schedule, contact a customer service representative with the correct information.​

  • What information can I change when filing an amended return?Back to top

    In e-Services, you can update the tax withheld, wages, and number of employees. 

    By Tele-file, you can only update wages and number of employees.​

  • Can I amend returns over the phone?Back to top

    Yes, if you only need to update wages or number of employees.

    However, you must use e-Services if you need to update tax withheld, wages, and number of employees. 

  • I want to amend my W-2s. How can I do this electronically?Back to top

    If you submitted your W-2 file through e-Services, you can correct the information until 5:00 p.m. CST on the day you submitted the file. If your W-2 or 1099 request is already completed, you must contact us by email or web message to correct the submission. For more information, see Correcting W-2 or 1099 Files. ​