Navigate Up
Sign In
Last Updated: 7/16/2018

Frequently Asked Questions

Contact Us


8:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. Mon.- Fri.


Related Information

MinnesotaCare > File and Pay

  • When are my quarterly or monthly MinnesotaCare tax estimated payments due?Back to top

    ​For the Provider, Wholesale Drug Distributor, and Legend Drug Use taxes, quarterly estimated payments are due by the 15th of April, July, October, and January of the following year.

    For the Hospital and Surgical Center taxes, monthly estimated payments are due by the 15th of every month.

    Note:  If the 15th falls on a weekend or holiday, estimated payments made the next business day are considered timely.

  • Is making an estimated payment the same as filing an annual return?Back to top

    ​No.  You must file an annual return in addition to making quarterly or monthly estimated payments.

  • When is my annual MinnesotaCare tax return due?Back to top

    ​March 15.

    If the 15th falls on a weekend or holiday, an annual return filed the next business day is considered timely.

  • When can I file my annual MinnesotaCare tax return?Back to top

    ​You may file your annual return in e-Services starting January 22 each year.

  • What is the current MinnesotaCare tax rate?Back to top

    2 percent.

  • I entered the wrong amount or payment date on my payment. How can I correct it?Back to top

    If you made a mistake when you submitted a payment request, you can cancel the payment until 5 p.m. CST on the payment date.

    To cancel a payment electronically, log in to e-Services and follow these steps:

    1. Select Manage payments from the I Want To menu. 
    2. Select Cancel a payment
    3. Select the Status link for the payment you wish to cancel.
    4. Select the Cancel Request link.

    To cancel a payment by phone, call 1-800-570-3329 from a touch-tone phone.  Follow the prompts to cancel a scheduled payment for a business tax.

    Note: After you cancel a payment, you will need to make the payment again with the correct amount and payment date.

  • Where can I find payment vouchers?Back to top

    Use our Payment Voucher System to create and print a voucher to mail with your check or money order payment.

  • How do I file my annual return?Back to top

    You must file your annual return electronically either online using our e-Services system or by phone at 1-800-570-3329. You cannot file your annual return by mail.

    Note: If you are claiming the Research Credit or the Medical Assistance Supplemental Payments Exemption on your Provider, Hospital, or Surgical Center Tax Return, or if you are filing a Pharmacy Refund Return, you must file your annual return online in e-Services.

  • How do I correct an error on my annual return after I have filed it?Back to top

    You can amend (or change) your annual return either through e-Services or by phone.
    There are multiple ways to amend a return in e-Services. Your options may vary based on the return’s status. See the instructions for changing a return on our e-Services Help page.
    To amend your return by phone, call 1-800-570-3329 from a touch-tone phone. Follow the prompts to amend a business tax return.

  • What if I cannot file my annual return by the regular due date?Back to top

    You may request a 60-day filing extension. To request an extension, call us at 651-282-5533 no later than March 15. A filing extension does not extend the time you have to pay your tax. You must pay the tax you owe by March 15.

  • What if I closed my business or am no longer subject to MinnesotaCare tax?Back to top

    You must update your MinnesotaCare tax account in e-Services or contact us so we can update our records.

    To update your account in e-Services, select your MinnesotaCare tax account, and select Close Account under the Account Information tab.

    To contact us, call 651-282-5533 or send an email to Please include your name, Minnesota Tax ID Number, business end date, and contact information in the email.

  • How can I reset my e-Services password?Back to top

    If you are unable to log in to e-Services or have forgotten your password, you may request a password reset. Go to the e-Services login page and select Forgot Your Password? Follow the prompts to reset your password.

    If you are still unable to access your account after resetting your password, call Business Registration at 651-282-5225.